Our membership is diverse, with a large range of skills, such as engineers, scientists, educators, planners, cultural advisors, lawyers, equipment specialists, tourism operators, administrators, marketing specialists and direct heat users.
Affiliated organisations and member companies include research agencies, electricity generators, direct heat users, Māori Trusts, educational institutions, local and central government, drilling services, manufacturers, installation and construction companies, tourism outlets, and software development companies.
As well as being part of a well reputed professional geothermal body, membership of the NZGA provides you with a number of specific benefits:
- Regular updates about research and employment opportunities in the industry
- Improved company visibility
- Opportunities to participate in topical issues
- Membership of the International Geothermal Association and the quarterly IGA Newsletter
- Ready access to both national and international geothermal expertise
- Leverage to advocate for improvements across the industry
- Discounted access to a range of workshops and seminars including the New Zealand Geothermal Workshop
- Discounted subscription to the professional journal Geothermics
There is no charge for student membership or for life members
The current individual membership fee is NZ$100 per annum (incl GST).
Corporate and institutional memberships are available at three levels – gold, silver and bronze. Three individuals can be nominated against this membership with voting rights in NZGA and IGA matters. Please contact us if you would like more information about this membership.
Update contact details
If you are a current member who wishes to update their contact details please complete the Update Contact Details Form
To become a member or update your member details please complete the NZGA Membership Form