A successful forum was held at Wairakei Resort on 25 August, with about 60 industry representatives attending from Operators, Contractors, Consultants and Regulators. Presentations included:
- Introductions from Mike Dunstall of Contact Energy and Wu Khoo of Mercury
- An update on MBIE Work Safe findings from inspections, audits and investigations Michael Matthews
- Contact Energy’s approach to incident investigations, using learning teams, from Matt Shawcroft
- Change management and managing non-routine work from Mercury’s Shanon Garden
- Knowledge work productivity from Jimmy Conway of Freeflow Partners.
- A panel discussion on wire line logging well control, which raised a lively discussion.
The forum concluded with a networking session held in the bar. These forums are intended to be regular industry get-togethers, held about twice a year. If you would like to be involved email Mark Green.